Long Term Care
At Hamilton Grove, our long-term care program is designed to optimally address the health needs and challenges that seniors and other long-term care patients typically face.
We believe that Individuals who need long-term care should enjoy a healthy and quality life as much as possible. Seniors get the love, respect, and care that they deserve, because we want our long-term care residents to relish each day and all that it brings.
At Hamilton Grove, we have cared for our own parents; we understand your concerns and share your goals.
Some program highlights include:
Hamilton Grove’s long-term care program seeks to maximize each patient’s overall function and mobility; we emphasize a restorative care approach.
The environment at Hamilton Grove is positive and upbeat, generating ‘good vibes’ and subliminally improving good physical and emotional health.
The Hamilton Grove Social Services team addresses residents’ psycho-social needs, ensuring that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Hamilton Grove provides the amenities and creature comforts that seniors appreciate. We even offer SKYPE communication so that residents can keep in touch with loved ones from afar.
Our carefully selected Hamilton Grove caregivers undergo special sensitivity training, and treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
We promote our residents' independence and self-sufficiency by encouraging them to choose the activities and the meal options that they prefer. This contributes to their overall health and well-being.
Memory Impaired Care
Hamilton Grove provides professional and compassionate care to address the special needs of individuals dealing with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive disorders.
Staff members are especially sensitive to the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of this population; they are treated with an extra measure of dignity, and every effort is made to ensure that they are as comfortable and familiar as possible.
- SECURE UNIT - For the safety and well-being of cognitively impaired residents, Hamilton Grove offers a separate secure unit. The wide corridors are homelike and easy to navigate, creating an environment with a sense of familiarity and security.
- CAREGIVERS - Our Alzheimer’s unit caregivers exercise extra sensitivity and understanding, treating each resident with dignity and love.
- PROGRAMMING - The cognitively impaired care program helps patients maximize their cognitive function. Likewise, the activities program is designed to foster social interaction and an appreciation of life.
- THERAPY - For patients in more advanced stages, we provide innovative sensory therapies such as audiovisual stimuli and aromatherapy, known to be beneficial in promoting a sense of calm.
In addition to our regular long-term care program, Hamilton Grove also offers:
- Respite care, allowing family members a short break or even a well-deserved vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers